YDKF Episode 186: Televisions

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 186: Televisions

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 186: Televisions
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 06:01:47 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-186-televisions/

Description: Turn off your television and tune in to this podcast in which I talk about televisions — specifically, every one I’ve ever owned. Every story […]
k8track

Re: YDKF Episode 186: Televisions

Post by k8track »

Finally got around to listening to this today. Great stuff. VCP represent!! I had one of those too! I found it at a yard sale for like $15 or $20 in the very early '90s (maybe even the summer of 1990). That sounds right as I recall I had it with me in my dorm room in my sophomore year of college (1990-1991). These were definitely less common.

I've only ever owned CRT TVs. We still have a 36" Sony Trinitron in our living room (you've seen it in the high score pics I've submitted (side note, I had a pic of my Mr. Do! high score and forgot to submit it in time)). That sumbich is HEAVY. Getting it moved in was a nightmare. I'll never move one of those again. I literally physically can't. I also have a 27" Sony Trinitron in another room, and that is the one I had in my apartment for several years. I moved it by myself in the summer of 2018, which was a fatal mistake; I didn't die, but it played a definite role in the recurrence of my hernia just a few months later (after I had gone to Korea). Now I avoid lifting anything over 25 pounds.