Sprite Castle Updates

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Sprite Castle Updates

Post by Flack »

Things have been changing faster than I can keep up with them over the past couple of days. Here are the highlights.

01. I've been extended an offer from Boat and Aaron to add Sprite Castle to their Amigos Retro Gaming network. Everything I'm doing with the Amigos will be above and beyond what I'm already doing. The Amigos have a YouTube channel, so I'll be uploading some game footage for each episode to their site.

02. The Amigos have a Discord server and have created a SpriteCastle channel for me. Patreon subscribers to either the Amigos or my show (patreon.com/roboharas) get access to the server. There are several hundred people on the server and a ton of retro channels on the network. The cheapest plan is $4/month.

03. I started a goofy video series called Rando Rob for my top tier ($10/month) supporters. I'll be showing off random things around my house. I already did one and it was okay, but I'd like to do a little more production on them in the future.

I think that's everything. I'm having fun diving into OBS for video broadcasting.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Re: Sprite Castle Updates

Post by obliterator918 »

The Ultimate 64 is straight-up awesome for doing Commodore video into OBS. You get a raw video and audio feed over the network. All you need is U64 Streamer: https://www.tsb.space/sdm_downloads/u64streamer/

I also experimented with real hardware capture through my RetroTink 2x Pro. It is good, but not as good as the U64 method, for obvious reasons (modulation to s-video, then capture in RetroTink, and then scaling in OBS). Either method is good. If I ever have the time, I am planning a video specifically for the RetroTink 2xPro as it relates to the Commodore 64.
dstone

Re: Sprite Castle Updates

Post by dstone »

OBS is awesome. I use it for all sorts of oddball stuff at the office. At home, I've been exploring its integration with NDI for easy conversion and transport of SDI signals over network and integration with Skype without having to do screen captures or stuff like that.