Retro Road Trip

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Retro Road Trip

Post by m00npie »

Title: Retro Road Trip
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 10:05:56 +0000
Link: http://throwbackreviews.com/index.php/2019/08/07/retro-road-trip/

Description: On this episode Rob is in Buffalo visiting Sean and his family. The guys talk about a local 80s themed shop, some of their collections and some newly acquired items. That 80s Toy Shop If you would like to help support the show please use our link when shopping at Amazon.com Contacts & on the Web […]
k8track

Re: Retro Road Trip

Post by k8track »

Even though I haven't been commenting (shame on me!), I've been keeping up with all your latest podcasts and have loved every one. Loved this one too. Enjoyed the part about the dead mall. I think you only saw the outside of it? I think you mentioned it was boarded up. I actually got walk through a dead mall a few years and it was creepy as hell. It was also very poignant and I felt wistful as it was a mall that I loved as a kid.

Back in the early '80s, it was fairly healthy. This was the Phoenix Village Mall in Fort Smith, Ark. I remember there was a Razorback souvenir shop and a pretty cool arcade, where I remember seeing Journey. The last time I was there when it was still a working mall would have been in the summer of 1990, when my stepsister and I watched Tales from the Darkside there. I could tell that by that time, things had slowed down considerably and it was on its way out at that point.

I want to say that I think it was around 2007 when I got to walk through the mall again. There was like one store at each end that was still open. The rest of it was dark and creepy and in disrepair. You would have loved it. I couldn't believe they were still letting people walk through it. I went back a few years later and it was locked up. I think it may even be torn down at this point.