First Blood 1982

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

First Blood 1982

Post by m00npie »

Title: First Blood 1982
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 00:23:31 +0000
Link: http://throwbackreviews.com/index.php/2019/06/11/first-blood-1982/

Description: On this episode Sean & Rob talk about a retro classic, First Blood. Who didn’t love Rambo as a kid in the 80’s but the question is, do the guys love Rambo now. If you would like to help support the show please use our link when shopping at Amazon.com Contacts & on the Web Rob  […]
AArdvark

Re: First Blood 1982

Post by AArdvark »

The first and only time I saw this was on laserdisc at a friend's house. Funny how I don't remember half of the movie. I forgot Brian Dennehy was sheriff Dick. I pretty much tuned out when the plot got unrealistic. And yes, everybody had those stupid survival knives. I remember seeing them on the counter of a 7/11 and I thought what a stupid place for a store to display dangerous weapons. Although the cashier probably had a gun. My girlfriend's little brother got a survival knife and he was maybe 8 years old at the time. What the hell, I thought, why not just give him a carving knife. But I don't think he ever injured himself or anyone else with it. His mom did take the matches out of the handle first so I guess there was a little foresight. Glad that fad went away. I wonder if they planned on merchandising the knives at the time they filmed the movie, like a built-in commercial.

THE
KNIFE FACTORY
IN VIETNAM
AARDVARK
k8track

Re: First Blood 1982

Post by k8track »

Looking forward to listening to this!