BLOG: NFL in the FLEX

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

BLOG: NFL in the FLEX

Post by m00npie »

In the early 2000s I got my first GPS device. To be clear it was not one of those small, cute GPS units that attached to the windshield with a suction cup. It was a device that connected to a laptop with a serial cable (this was pre-USB). The maps were stored on a CD-ROM. I balanced my laptop on my truck’s center console and used a power inverter to power the whole mess. And while it worked, I knew at the time that it was a bit of a Frankenstein solution. I had the same feeling when I took… (read more)

Source: https://www.robohara.com/?p=14549
AArdvark

Re: BLOG: NFL in the FLEX

Post by AArdvark »

Now, what magic is in store for us in the nexy thirty years?

Will we get phone implants in our skulls? A next level from wearable tech? I'm spitballing here so I can jump in early
Flack
Site Admin

Re: BLOG: NFL in the FLEX

Post by Flack »

Along those lines, I think the most logical is RFID/Bluetooth devices that allow us to interact with things in our house. I watched a video decades ago about Bill Gates' house where everyone visiting was issued a badge that tracked where they were and turned lights on and off appropriately. That technology has existed for a long time and I've thought of doing it in my own home. I remember specifically he had large flatscreen televisions that showed art depending on a person's preference. None of that stuff has to be done through brain implants or anything -- a phone app or wearable device (necklace, bracelet, watch) would be enough.

As for cars, I think the next big thing is self-driving stuff. That's really the only thing we could think of while we were driving. They already have steering assistance and cruise control matching -- we don't have either of those features but they're getting pretty common.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork