PODCAST: YDKF Episode 224: Weird Al

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

PODCAST: YDKF Episode 224: Weird Al

Post by m00npie »

On this episode I talk about my long history as a fan of Weird Al. I talk about the first time I heard his music, […]

Source: https://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-224-weird-al/
AArdvark

Re: PODCAST: YDKF Episode 224: Weird Al

Post by AArdvark »

There used to be a radio station in Rochester that featured a comedy hour on Sunday nights. They would play stand up comedy clips and Cheech and Chong bits for an hour and follow that with the Dr. Demento show. I would tape that stuff like there was no tomorrow, then play it back all week long. It's where I first heard Another One Rides the Bus (everyone did , no doubt). I kept using the same tape over and over. I never thought about saving the cassettes, oh well, I was poor. I think I might still have a copy of the Funny25 show from 1980. A moot point, It's all available on teh internet now. I went to the Dr. Demento/Weird Al tour when it was in town. We were over 18 but too young to drink at the bar so I'm guessing it was 1984 (no google). I have some pictures someplace of that show, it was pretty good. Dr. Demento was a great guy. He played the PG version of some songs instead of the R rated songs because he didn't want to expose any young people in the audience (me and my friend) to R rated vulgarities. Hah, as if...

Weird Al played after the good doctor and that was a great show, even if I didn't know any of the songs except for Another One Rids the Bus.

THE
WELL IT'S 40 BELOW AND I DONT
GIVE A BLEEP
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Re: PODCAST: YDKF Episode 224: Weird Al

Post by Flack »

I wish I had seen him live way back then.

I remember going to Photon laser tag when I was 14 or 15 and there was some buy who went by Dead Puppies and I thought that was such a weird nickname. In retrospect I'm sure he was a Dr. Demento listener.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork