Multiple Sadness 008 – Beware Children at Play (1989)

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Multiple Sadness 008 – Beware Children at Play (1989)

Post by m00npie »

Title: Multiple Sadness 008 – Beware Children at Play (1989)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 18:08:11 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/multiple-sadness-008-beware-children-at-play-1989/

Description: These children aren’t playing around, but neither are the townsfolk who are fed up with them! Find out who will prevail in this 1989 Children […]
AArdvark

Re: Multiple Sadness 008 – Beware Children at Play (1989)

Post by AArdvark »

Thank you for watching this for us. I probably would have left the theater like the others at the showing you mentioned. It gave me a small measure of satisfaction that the protagonist, while trying to be the Voice of Reason, was killed by Base Anarchy. Welcome to the real world. You don't see that much in Disney movies.

Glad I never saw this. Graphic murder is bad enough, but kids? Come ON. Oh yeah, the part about bringing up awkward questions regarding the plot. If 13 kids ever vanished from anywhere in this country it'd be a national crisis, all over the news with helicopters and reporters and cameraman infesting the town. Why did all the parents keep quiet about missing children anyway?

THE
SUDDEN SURPLUS OF
BREAKFAST CEREAL
AARDVARK

The only other movie that I remember walking out of was 'Fat Guy Goes Nuts' (or Nutzoid)
k8track

Post by k8track »

Hot dog, it's back! I love this podcast. Always glad to see a new Robcast drop.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Thanks, guys. These are literally the only two pieces of feedback I got regarding this episode.

There's another movie I'd like to cover eventually called Naked Space. It was also named Spaceship, and The Creature Wasn't Nice. Imagine if Alien were a comedy... yeah. It reminds me of Beware Children at Play in the sense that there's a hilarious moment one hour into the film that makes it worth watching and showing to other people, but that first hour up to that point... oof.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
k8track

Post by k8track »

I immediately downloaded the episode and listened to it yesterday and loved it as always. That movie sure sounded pretty horrible, which I suppose is the point. The last five minutes of the movie sounded truly abominable. I don't know if I could psych myself up to watch it or not.

Any new episodes of Sprite Castle coming out? I can't remember if you got around to covering the ones I requested or not, or even if I ever remembered to request them. The two C64 games I would love to see you cover eventually are Journey to the Centre of the Earth (featuring a nice version of Madness's "House of Fun") and The Sacred Armor of Antiriad (a.k.a. Rad Warrior).