PODCAST: Sprite Castle 086: Impossible Mission

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

PODCAST: Sprite Castle 086: Impossible Mission

Post by m00npie »

Secret Agent 4125, do you choose to take on Evil Professor Elvin Atombender in this seemingly IMPOSSIBLE MISSION? Support Sprite Castle at Patreon.com/RobOHara iTunes | […]

Source: https://podcast.robohara.com/sprite-cas ... e-mission/
AArdvark

Re: PODCAST: Sprite Castle 086: Impossible Mission

Post by AArdvark »

Q: 8-Bit Guy discussion. Is this site searchable?
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

This area (the RSS feeds forum) is the only part that is.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

I started this podcast this morning and I'm not done, and this is one of your longer ones. You may mention ports of this game to modern systems and I just haven't heard that part yet.

I loved this game as a kid but I never understood the goal because like you I didn't have the manual. I didn't realize I was supposed to be putting those pieces together and moving them around to solve a puzzle. So the extent of my gameplay was running around clearing the rooms of secrets. I have no idea how far I got but I never finished the game until much more recently when I got the game on my Nintendo DS. It had the original C64 graphics and an updated sprite/tile set that looked more modern and allowed selection of one of three characters with no gameplay difference. I was able to actually beat the game with no cheats playing it on my Nintendo DS. I also have it on my Nintendo Switch now, but it's basically the same thing.

I have Impossible Mission 2025 for the Amiga (which I am selling along with my CD32). I loaded it up but never played it. It looks like the same game, just modernized and with scrolling rather that single room loads. The update artwork and parallax scrolling really does look cool in this one. Also has a weird boss fight at the end instead of just "no no no" when you finally solve the password, and some minigames (why??).

Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Yeah, I do mention the ports toward the end of the episode.

Impossible Mission is one of those few games that the original was so good and following it up with a sequel was nearly impossible. I tend to lump Archon and a few other games into that category.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

I finished this episode. Nice one! Thanks for the news about the I Adore my 64 film project, somehow that one slipped past me. I pledged at the Defender of the Crown level so I can get the 4k.
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

I also blogged it on my own website, looks like he needs a lot of help to get the word out. I hope the project is successful.