BLOG: Morgan’s Senior Prom

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

BLOG: Morgan’s Senior Prom

Post by m00npie »

Saturday evening, Morgan, her boyfriend, and a few of her friends attended their senior prom. I’m not sure how excited Morgan originally was in attending the prom. Like many kids, as dresses were purchased and nails were fancied, her interest level appeared to increase. Susan, on the other hand, as been looking forward to this moment for years. Decades, maybe. Susan was very excited about dress shopping, shoe shopping, and all the other prom-related activities. Back when I was in high school guys typically wore tuxedos to the prom, and the tradition was to eat at a formal restaurant before… (read more)

Source: https://www.robohara.com/?p=14178
AArdvark

Re: BLOG: Morgan’s Senior Prom

Post by AArdvark »

I missed my prom. Actually I skipped it, there was no way I could rent a tux and pay the $25 ticket price. I didn't have anyone to go with anyway so I don't think I missed out on anything. Additionally, they had the Juniors included because our class couldn't raise enough money alone.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I dated two girls my senior year and broke up with both of them months before the date of the prom. Six of us from my journalism class decided to go as a big group. After plans were made and tickets were purchased, two of the six decided to go as a couple instead of part of our group, and one decided to cancel, leaving me taking two girls, neither of whom particularly cared for me. I was picked to drive because my mom had a convertible LeBaron. The three of us went to dinner and it was completely awkward. When we got to the prom, the girls asked me to drop them off at the door and go park the car. When I caught up with them, and I will never forget these words, one of them said "don't feel obligated to hang out with us all night." Even at 17, I could take a hint. I spent the evening roaming around mostly by myself, occasionally taking pictures with girls I wish I had asked to the prom. I didn't have the social skills to handle things like I would today. After the prom a bunch of us went to a hotel room, I got super drunk for the first time, and went to work at Grandy's the following morning with a hangover.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

I went to mine. Even took a date. But that is not a night I remember with any particular fondness, for a variety of reasons involving relationships with several different individuals that would take too long to explain here, LOL. Honestly I find a lot of aspects about young dating in our culture to be little more than glorified divorce training. I am not the guy to lift any spirits on this topic!
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I didn't have any older siblings or friends to guide me through the pitfalls of high school dating. I didn't have much self confidence in that arena until I was a senior, so I spent the previous three years being friends with girls whom I was too afraid to ask out, and got my feelings hurt when other boys eventually did. I dated two girls my senior year, one of whom who really hurt me, and the other of which I really hurt. All my friends were constantly telling me I needed to get a girlfriend, so I would ask girls if they would be my girlfriend and then spend the next few months saying "now what?" until they eventually wandered off due to boredom. I got involved with several girls over the years but it wasn't until I started dating my wife that someone took me aside and said, look you dummy, this is how you have a relationship. Conveniently, that person ended up being my wife, lol.

I have thought about doing a podcast or even writing a book about all my past relationships, but I gotta wait for several people to die first so it'll be a while, haha.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
dstone

Post by dstone »

I never really made time for dating in high school. When I found out that our state robotics competition was scheduled the same date as prom, I opted for the robotics competition.