BLOG: Vanlife, Here I Come!

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

BLOG: Vanlife, Here I Come!

Post by m00npie »

Last October, I wrote a blog post about #vanlife, those people who convert vans into miniature living spaces and travel the countryside in them. It is not uncommon for my brain to wrap around a topic and not let go until its tentacles have crawled every crevasse for information. I’ve been obsessed with this van thing for over six months now (trust me — everyone around me is sick of hearing about it) and can’t seem to let it go, so I figure the only way to truly get it out of my system is to do it. So, I bought a van. It’s a 2007 Ford Econoline E-250. I’ve been looking for a van that’s newer than my truck (2006) with fewer miles (180k) within my budget for a few months now. I had to weed through a lot of Facebook Marketplace nonsense, but I finally found exactly what I was looking for. The engine and transmission on this one seems solid, and although it needs some minor repairs, it’s all stuff I can do. While this marks the beginning of a project and journey for me, it also marks the end of me talking about it here — win/win! Instead, I have set up a new website for my vanlife obsession. I picked the name “BigRobsVan” for all my vanlife-related content, and there’s a good chance there may be a lot of it. If I have any major announcements of course I’ll share them here, but if you want more day-to-day van-related content (and I don’t blame you if you don’t), bookmark one or more of the following links. The website has links to everything else, so if you only bookmark one, that’s the one to save. WWW: BigRobsVan.com (you are here) Facebook: BigRobsVan (posts and more) Twitter: BigRobsVan (bite-sized #vanlife updates) Instagram: BigRobsVan (pictures and more) YouTube: BigRobsVan (video content) Thanks and apologies to anyone I’ve driven crazy with all my van-related nonsense over the past few months. Now it’s time to stop talking and start doing! Similar Posts:

Source: https://www.robohara.com/?p=13584
k8track

Re: BLOG: Vanlife, Here I Come!

Post by k8track »

I loved your two-parter on this, it was fascinating and intriguing. Following your journey with great interest.

It would be amazing if you could swing by somewhere close to Central IL sometime.