PODCAST: YDKF Episode 210: Documentaries, Part 1

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

PODCAST: YDKF Episode 210: Documentaries, Part 1

Post by m00npie »

On this episode of You Don’t Know Flack I run through ten of my favorite documentaries, giving lots of additional recommendations along the way. There […]

Source: https://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-210-documentaries-part-1/
AArdvark

Re: PODCAST: YDKF Episode 210: Documentaries, Part 1

Post by AArdvark »

I never really watched many documentaries. The ones I have watched were mostly music related. Two docs that I can recommend are :Crossfire Hurricane, a Rolling Stones documentary and The History Of The Eagles, Part 1. As an honorable mention I will throw in Echo In The Canyon, it's about the Sixties emergence of California rock and roll from artists living in Laurel Canyon.

One of the things that always disappointed me about Bigfoot and UFO docs (the few that I have watched) is that they never have anything definitive to offer as proof. It's usually just stories from people and lots of blurry video and speculation. I used to watch In Search Of all the time and after a while I realized that Leonard Nimoy was never going to show us real monsters or aliens. And yes, I read all those Time-Life books about gravity portals and aliens and stuff when I was in school, they were the coolest things in the library!

THE
LITTLE GREEN
AARDVARK
FROM SPACE
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

A pet peeve of mine is when new documentaries about UFOs and Bigfoot come out and use footage which has been proven to be fake. The most famous picture of Nessie (the "surgeon's photo") was pretty much proven to be fake in the 1980s and the people who took it confessed it was fake in the 90s. And yet people still think maybe it was real. Phhhhtph.

There are a lot of great music-related documentaries out there. I could do an entire episode of music-related ones and another (which I'm planning to do) on videogame-themed ones.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

[quote=Flack post_id=19074 time=1635166566 user_id=2]
There are a lot of great music-related documentaries out there. I could do an entire episode of music-related ones and another (which I'm planning to do) on videogame-themed ones.
[/quote]

Oh cool, looking forward to that.