YDKF Episode 197: The MiSTer

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 197: The MiSTer

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 197: The MiSTer
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 04:03:19 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-197-the-mister/

Description: On the first YDKF of 2021, I talk about my latest purchase: the sequel to the MiST FPGA computer, the MiSTer! Links — iTunes | […]
AArdvark

Re: YDKF Episode 197: The MiSTer

Post by AArdvark »

This device sounds like what the smart phone did to the GPS and the Palm Pilot and the pager and the phone dialer. Makes you want to box up all the hardware into totes.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

The hardest thing to quantify when it comes to gaming is "a feeling." I don't have the technical knowledge or vocabulary to fully convey why one system feels better than another. Maybe the MiSTer scrolls a little more smoothly, or maybe the refresh rate or resolution is a little more accurate... I dunno, it's hard to quantify, but yeah -- it just *feels* better.

I love the MiSTer -- I love the way the games look, I love the menu, I love the whole thing. But if it had never been invented and I spent the rest of my life emulating games on the Pi... I'd be okay with that. It's enjoyable, but not life changing.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
k8track

Post by k8track »

KYRIE ELEISON DOWN THE ROAD THAT I MUST TRAVEL
k8track

Post by k8track »

So I've been getting caught up on my podcasts, and I'm getting there. I just listened to this episode yesterday and was delighted to hear Kyrie at the end. Then today, I just listened to The Castles of Dr. Creep episode of Sprite Castle and you identified that piece of music and said you were bringing back King of the Castle! I guess I'm way too late to get my entry in for this episode (Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group) but I recognized it from the first note!