YDKF Episode 195: Shelves

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 195: Shelves

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 195: Shelves
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 05:06:44 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-195-shelves/

Description: On this slightly odd episode of You Don’t Know Flack, I take a look at my infatuation with shelves — the first sets of shelves […]
k8track

Re: YDKF Episode 195: Shelves

Post by k8track »

Hey! It looks like I got my Christmas wish! Looking forward to listening to this!! Thanks, Santa.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Your very own episode. Merry Christmas.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
k8track

Post by k8track »

Well I'll be! Things are turning up Milhouse!
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I swear, Rob could talk about the inner workings of a vacuum cleaner and he could make it utterly fascinating. I don't exactly know how he does it but keep on doing it! I listened to this episode twice ( so far)

THE
STEREO
AARDVARK
k8track

Post by k8track »

Right?? Rob could talk about picking boogers with the same gravitas as John Houseman reciting A Christmas Carol.
k8track

Post by k8track »

Just finished listening to this episode, great job as usual. Always nice to be name-checked in an episode! Although I must point out that in my head, I've always pronounced "k8track" with three syllables (k-8-track) rather than two (kate-track), which, when I hear it, could be the nickname of someone named Kate. Which actually I found out was the case when I tried to get a Twitter handle a few years back, some lady named Kate from Kate's Track Shack had actually registered it first, to my chagrin.

I had absolutely no idea that apparently I was the only one who had followed your old website. I would have thought that surely other people would have been reading it too. I didn't realize that I was like a lone groupie. Oh well.

I used to have many bookcases to hold my many, many books, but they were all prefab except for the one that I made myself form plywood and still have (it's painted teal). I do miss having all of my books out on display. It's a bummer having most of them boxed up.

The set of homemade wall shelves that I'm most proud of were the ones I made from 1970s-style wood paneling. My landlord had left a bunch in the garage when I moved in. He was just using the garage to keep trash and junk, stuff he didn't really want but was too lazy to throw away, so I had to deal with it. I had them cut into shelves for my empty video game boxes (they could not have taken any more weight than that). For the five years I lived in that house (2004-2009), every single one of my video game boxes were out on display. I miss that. It was so amazing to be able to look at them. They've been in storage ever since.