YDKF Episode 190: Tron

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 190: Tron

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 190: Tron
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 06:01:58 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-190-tron/

Description: Greetings, programs! On this episode of YDKF, I go digital and leap in my history with Tron. I talk about the movie, the games, the […]
obliterator918

Re: YDKF Episode 190: Tron

Post by obliterator918 »

Ahh. Double features with Tron. I saw Tron in the theater as a double feature with my Dad and brother. The other move was Annie.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

There's a fun, magical age where kids' brains are like sponges. The things they take in at that time can stick with them for their entire lives. I wish I were talking about Tron, but in this case, I'm referring to Annie.

Annie was a favorite of my sister's, and we had a VHS copy of it in the early/mid 80s. With only one VCR, my sister and I had to alternate who got to choose what we watched. There were a lot of movies we both liked -- Willy Wonka, Pete's Dragon, the Pirate Movie -- but we didn't always agree. I don't think she liked watching Star Wars or Tron over and over, and her go-tos were often Waterbabies, Strawberry Shortcake, and Annie. I must have watched Annie dozens of times (it felt like hundreds) until both of us knew every word, not just to the songs, but the dialogue, too. And the worst part is, some of the things that worm themselves into your brain at that impressionable age never seem to leave. Today, at 47, I could perform "I Think I'm Going to Like it Here" at a moment's notice -- with choreography, if the tip were right.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

Great podcast. I loved Tron: Legacy and still think it is a great movie. But I doubt I would like it so much if I didn't already have a connection with the original. There is a cerebral aspect to the story that doesn't get quite enough emphasis. Minor nitpick. The young-Flynn is not really a de-aged actor. They used a stand-in with dots all over his face and then replaced the face with CGI. You could say it was de-aging since they used Jeff Bridges to record the facial motion, but, the effect was as you said: uncanny, and nowhere near as effective as what we got in the recent Marvel movies.
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Thank you for the read-along at the end! Really liking the bonus content on these podcasts. Never having seen Tron it was cool to hear the condensed story. I might use some of the sound effects as ringtones!