Old Skool NES Raspberry Pi Case

Welcome to the front porch! This is a great place for general conversation, news articles, and anything else!

Old Skool NES Raspberry Pi Case

Postby Flack » June 14th, 2017, 8:01 am

Blog Title: Old Skool NES Raspberry Pi Case
Blog Link: http://www.robohara.com/?p=10408
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:00:02 +0000

Description:

Last year, Nintendo released the NES Classic Edition. It was a game console that looked like a tiny version of the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) from the 80s. It had 30 built-in games and cost $59.95. Nintendo woefully underestimated demand for the console. Stores couldn’t keep them in stock, and when they did hit [...]

Flack
Site Admin

Re: Old Skool NES Raspberry Pi Case

Postby Ice Cream Jonsey » June 14th, 2017, 3:36 pm

Ha, good part about the game-dropping they did on the box. I got one as well and it's great. The Pi + case is more expensive than the NES classic was, but it plays more games, supports wireless and has different platforms. I think we did the right thing.
Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Old Skool NES Raspberry Pi Case

Postby Flack » June 14th, 2017, 6:27 pm

I tend to forget about all the associated costs with things, especially if I have them lying around. I still thing of a Pi as costing $35, and forget about the cost of a keyboard, mouse, SD card, HDMI cable, or controller(s).

That being said, I agree with you. The Pi 3 is a formidable emulation system for everything 8 and 16 bit (at least).
Flack
Site Admin

Return to [PUBLIC] The Front Porch