Sprite Castle 008: Druid

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Sprite Castle 008: Druid

Post by m00npie »

Title: Sprite Castle 008: Druid
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 23:00:12 +0000
Link: http://www.SpriteCastle.com/?p=281

Description: Welcome, Druid who looks suspiciously like the Wizard from Gauntlet! On today’s episode of Sprite Castle I play Firebird’s 1986 classic Druid, which may or may not have been inspired by Atari’s Gauntlet. But totally was. If you would like to play along, you can find download links to emulators along with all the games […]
obliterator918

Re: Sprite Castle 008: Druid

Post by obliterator918 »

That game has some of the best music.

Thanks for the mention. :-)
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

One of my guilty pleasures is finding a C64 longplay video of the featured game and watching it while listening to the podcast. I miss the video incarnation of SC but this is better in some ways.

Druid is one of those games that I never knew existed until two days ago and now can't stop playing. It's nice to have an explanation of the game mechanics beforehand instead of figuring it out as you go.

RE: upcoming episodes.
Do you think it's even possible to do a review of a text adventure? There are some really good ones but doing an episode would be more like reading an audiobook or something. Not sure how that would work.

Anyway, these are great! Keep up the good work!

THE
CONSTANT LISTENER
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I've had a couple of requests for text adventures, so I'll have to make that happen at some point. My buddy Sean is launching his jogging podcast in the next week or so, so episode 8 is DK Jr, then #9 will be something to do with running (maybe Track and Field? Not sure...) and then for 10 I'll look at working a text adventure into the mix.

I enjoyed the video incarnation of SC but the numbers don't lie. I did 30 episodes and I think only one of them has more than a hundred views. Sprite Castle is getting close to 10x that many downloads so I have to do that route, and I don't have the time or energy to do both. Not right now, anyway.

It sure was a pain in the ass to figure these games out back in the day pre-internet. Sometimes you got instructions when you downloaded them and sometimes you didn't and it was up to you to randomly hit keys until you figured out what key did what. I had a lot more patience back then.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork