Kenner scale AND style are back

Are you a toy collector? Are you a game collector? Are you a computer collector? Are you a dirty, dirty hoarder? Whatever, this is the place to talk about collecting and show off your collections.

Kenner scale AND style are back

Postby Earl Green » February 17th, 2014, 8:52 pm

...boy are they back. You're not gonna thank me for this link, for it shall drain your wallets.

Kenner-Style/Scale Action Figures

A while back, when I was able to and could find them on clearance, I was picking up the "vintage packaging" Star Wars figures, especially characters that paralleled an original Kenner character or major prequel trilogy characters (Qui-Gon, Maul, etc.), though if I found, well, anybody cheap enough, anybody could join the crew. The idea was that I was going to acquire a retail carousel with pegs on it, hang the still packaged figures on the pegs, and just set it up in my room somewhere.

The above link just convinced me that, while I may still someday do that, they might not all be Star Wars figures. :lol: I'm definitely in for Firefly, and maybe an Alien from (wait for it...) Alien, Doc and Marty from BTTF, and Chunk and Sloth from Goonies. Whoever is doing these desperately needs to snag licenses for Star Trek (any generation), Battlestar Galactica (any generation), Planet of the Apes (ANY part of the franchise that occurred before the current movies)... well, anyway, you get the idea.
Earl Green

Re: Kenner scale AND style are back

Postby Flack » February 18th, 2014, 5:18 am

Those seem pretty cool. It's a sick world where I've pretty much accepted the reality of $9.99 action figures.
Flack
Site Admin

Postby Flack » January 10th, 2015, 9:14 am

The last time I went to VIntage Stock, they had dozens and dozens of these. Twilight Zone, Firefly, Back to the Future... pretty much all the ones you mentioned and then some. Unfortunately Vintage Stock tends to mark them up from $9.99 to $11.99, so all four Back to the Future figures with tax will run you $50.

I did end up buying the monster from the "there's something on the wing!" Twilight Zone episode and hung him from the wing of my TIE Fighter. Subtle humor is the best humor.
Flack
Site Admin

Postby Ice Cream Jonsey » January 11th, 2015, 11:02 am

They have a Snake Plissken Kenner style one for chrrisksakakakekekaaaggghhhgg I would have flipped if they had Escape from New York figures when I was a kid. If I scroll down and find that they also licensed The Thing, it's all over.

Earl was right. I clicked and now I hate him. Snake will be arriving for the downstairs though, so now I love Earl again.
Ice Cream Jonsey

Return to [PUBLIC] Toys and Collecting