Lethargic Cribs

Are you a toy collector? Are you a game collector? Are you a computer collector? Are you a dirty, dirty hoarder? Whatever, this is the place to talk about collecting and show off your collections.

Lethargic Cribs

Postby lethargic » January 1st, 2014, 7:47 pm

I've been meaning to take some pictures of my meager toys and collections and post them for a while. I've finally done it. But then I went overboard and took pictures of a lot of random stupid stuff around here. This is my crib ya'll!!!

First of all. This is, by far, my favorite picture of me.

MY ROOM

This is the door to my room. His eyes light up and it goes chee chee chee cha cha cha cha. This may seem childish but it only gets worse from here.

At the top of this door is my signed hockey mask. Signed by Kane Hodder, Ted White and Richard Brooker the Jason's from Friday the 13th 3, 4, 6-9.

After you walk in the room you would first notice the walls. I bought one of those Friday the 13th halloween wall kits. So the whole room is Jason posters pretty much. It's been up for a few years now. The cats have done their best to tear down but they have failed so far.

Ok, now I'm going to start from the right and go around, is that cool with everybody?

Here are my clothes. Quite the wardrobe of crap I can't fit into anymore. My closet used to feature two sliding doors, but the flood a few years ago made the doors fall off. Now everything is just out in the open for the whole world to see. To the left you can see the top of all my comic book boxes. I didn't take a picture of those DAMMIT!!! It's the best collection I have!

Moving right and we come to my chest o' drawers. It has socks and underwear in it, but more importantly we have the top shelf featuring 8x10s of Clara Bow, Milla Jovovich and Myrna Loy. Then we have a figure of Heather Graham from Austin Powers, some kind of Egyptian cat statue and my Bettie Page zippo.

That shelf used to be all toys. I used to get so aggravated at those "hottest women" lists magazines do because they never really had women I liked in them. So I started posting my own. Along the way I thought it would be fun to try to find action figures of all these hot women I liked. I put them all up hear and called it my "TILF" shelf. I had that Heather Graham one, Natalie Portman from Phantom Menace, a few wrestling chicks, but I don't remember most of them. When I decided I'd rather have money than useless toys of women they all mostly went on Ebay. Nobody bought Heather Graham so I kept her.

On the next shelf we have two 8x10s of Asia Argento along with the stuff from my Saints Row 4 collectors edition. A dub step gun, a Johnny Gat statue and an annihilation button or something. And of course a nice plastic machete with fake blood on it.

On the bottom shelf we have an 8x10 of Jean Harlow and autographed 8x10s of Julie Newmar and Jennifer Connolly. A small pic of Bettie Page, an unused 9 volt battery, a gun case and a box of bullets.

And of course in that gun case are my guns. The automatic is a .45 ACP and the revolver is a 22lr.

I shot this with those.

And, of course, above all this, the watchful eye of Ham-zilla keeps it all protected.

To the right of that we get to the one wall in the room not covered by the Friday the 13th stuff. More 8x10s of Ava Gardner, Veronica Lake, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe, Milla Jovovich and Myrna Loy. Then there's an intercom that doesn't work and a Superman vs The Mole Men poster.

The main "decor" of my room used to be those pictures. The entire room used to be covered in 8x10s of mostly actresses from the 40s. I had to take the majority of them down when I put the Jason stuff up. So now most of them are just in a box. :(

And obviously I have a Jean Harlow light switch.

Move on over to the next wall where my computer desk is and, of course, we have the Crystal Lake Memories book right there for any need of quick, important, knowledge.

My cassette of Johnny Thunder's Stations of the Cross is displayed at all times. It's all I can do with it, what am I gonna do listen to a tape in 2014?

Here's my dusty Tumbler from Batman Begins. YOU try to dust all those nooks and crannies! And yes, that is Jason peaking back there.

Bellow that is my little Alien statue thingie:

To the right of that is my Catwoman, Batman and Joker '66 TV series figures. Yes, the first thing I did was squeeze little Julie's tits. I don't think they're real.

It's Voltron mutha hucka! Voltron was my jam as a kid, yet nobody would ever get me the entire set of lions. I think I had 1, maybe 2. As an adult, I was able to finally get my own Voltron. KISS MY ASS.

Godzilla model kit I made. Ignore the excess glue and terrible paintjob, it's fine!!!

Batmobile collection. The 40s, 50s and 60s Batmobile as well as the Burton Batmobile. Yes, that is a machete in Jason's pocket in the background.

Over here on the top corner shelf we got a MacFarlane Jason Voorhees, a Jason Voorhees matchbox car, Jason's friggin HEAD, and a MacFarlane Leatherface.

On the shelves below we have a pot luck of what either hasn't sold on ebay or the few things I never tried to sell.

Top shelf we got the Creature from the Black Lagoon, a Freddy Krueger matchbox car, a little Batman, a name plate I made in freshman shop class, 3 different Wolfman figures and my Wolfman knife from the Franklin Mint. In the front is a bunch of tiny superhero figures. Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, Joker, Reverse Flash, Wolverine and Bizzaro. In the back is my spooky Little Red Riding Hood figure. I can never get rid of this. If the power ever goes out and I can't get on the internet, I need this toy to masturbate too.

On the next shelf is Phantom of the Opera, The Somnambulist from Dr Caligari, Mulder & Scully and Ash from Evil Dead. And yeah, a lot of dust. The Somnambulist has never stood up straight, I guess because he's sleepy. Scully and Red Riding Hood are former members of the TILF shelf. I have more horror toys but no room to display them. I have a bunch of Full Moon Horror toys, like the Puppter Master dolls.

Below that are the junk shelves featuring a pair of 3D glasses and a Zoom 505 FX pedal.

Now we're going to leave my room and look at other pieces of junk.

MUSIC STUFF

This was my Grandfather's guitar from the 60s that he handed down to me. It sounds like crap and feels like crap. It came from a Sears catalog most likely and has no brand on it anywhere. But it was the first guitar I ever played on. I put stickers on it as a young lad. I regret that very much.

This is my Univox guitar. The first guitar I owned. I love the crap out of it. I used to call this my "Black Crowes" guitar. One of the tuning pegs broke and now it's lost. I always thought Univox was a turd brand, but apparently Univox was a great brand before turning to crap. After googling my ass off about this guitar, apparently it is valued at around 2000 dollars. I think I paid 100. But that keeps me from throwing a new tuning peg on it. I don't want to screw it up. I keep trying to find an authentic one but no dice.

My sticker covered Carlo Robelli guitar. I started throwing any sticker I came across on here because A - I never played it and B - I thought it was a cheapo brand. Now I see stuff on the internet that's it not really a crappy brand and I play my acoustic more than anything else. Oh well, it gives it character.

Here is my Brownsville Impala. Love the look, like the sound, hate the fat neck. It is currently on ebay.

This is my Ibanez guitar that I've used almost exclusively for 10 years or so. I'd marry it if I could. It's so easy to play. Not sure the model. It has the shape of a Destoyer but it's smaller. Google is no help. Even the pictures online of the model number on the guitar don't look like mine. When I get my signature line of guitar, the specs will all come from this one.

Here is my cheap little Line 6 15 watt amp that all my magic comes out of.

This is my less cheap Carvin X-100B half stack. I have generally hated this amp for the 15 years or so I've had it. I was considering replacing the head with a Marshall head. But I've been doing research and apparently this head I have is considered to be better or as good as most Marshall's. This was the exact same amp used by Frank Zappa and Steve Vai in concert. It was the amp Izzy used on Appetite. But none of those guys had the fancy cat vomit down the front like mine does. PUNK ROCK! I've watched and read reviews and demonstrations and the amps DO sound great. So now I'm thinking I'm just going to keep this and try to clean it and fix it up. Maybe replacing the tubes and re-biasing it will lead me to play like Steve Vai.

Update - I was trying to clean the cat puke off the grill today. After taking the grill off it slipped out of my hand and ripped a hole in one of the speakers. And on top of that the puke wouldn't come off.

Here is my new Epiphone Les Paul I just got.

This is it's case.

But this is my favorite guitar of all. Soooooo easy to play and light.

This is my 90 dollar Rogue bass. It is terrible. Can't get it into tune at all. Now the tuning peg is already worn out so it's even harder to get in tune.

This is my drumset.

This is the book I write lyrics in.

My Cat Collection

This is Clara Bow

This is Han Solo.

This is Princess Leia. SLEEPING ON OUR PLATES LIKE AN ASSHOLE!

This is Luke Catwalker. IN A FRIGGIN BASKET!!!

This is Darth Vader. He is a big bad ass stray cat we feed. He is famous for kicking the living shit out of our cats.

This is a giant hole Darth Vader ripped in Han's side once.

This is Prudence. She is old and blind and stupid.

This was our groundhog.

This is Sharkeisha.

This is Smokey.

This is The Bandit (Darth Vader Jr).

This is Vincent. He is the best.

What's in the main closet??

Well, since you asked. Here is Billy Baloney from Pee Wee's Playhouse next to a Charlie Chaplin lamp.

Here are some board games that haven't been played since the internet was invented.

Here is what's left of my book collection in this post-nook world.

THE HULK! Another model I did in my youth. (ie early 30s)

Misc Movie Related Stuff

When the Bruce Lee movie collection was first released...ON VHS...I took this little card out of the box and tacked it on the wall. Nobody ever took it down and it's still there. Along the way I apparently bought something Transformer-ish and added to it. At this point I assume it will never be taken down.

A bust of Buster Keaton's face. This used to be in my room with the pictures. Moving it into the living and room and putting it on the white wall gave it an awesome "ghost face emerging from the wall" look.

Me, my mom and Batman in 1989 below an 8x10 of Julie Strain and The Toxic Avenger.

Models of the cars from Bullitt and Vanishing Point.

Picture of The Crow. His eyes follow you around the room.

Posters:

Autographed pic of the chick who plays Pam on True Blood. She dug me.

Autographed pic of the chick from I Spit On Your Grave. One of the coolest people I've met at a convention.

My movie collection. It used to 5 times this size.

MISC

We're really getting nutty now. This is just complete randomness from around the house.

My Bat-socks.

My beard collection.

Here is my Russian hat with a squirrel.

Here is Salicious Crumb and a monkey.

Here's some wolves and Taco Bell chihuahuas.

A year or so ago I decided I wanted to start drawing again. I drew this one picture of Batman characters and then quit again. But it's on the fridge, probably for as long as the Bruce Lee thing.

Here's a duck.

This is a drawing of every member of our family at the time by my cousin who is now a meth head.

Here's the fireplace.

Piranha on the wall.

Frankenstein and his samurai swords.

Here's Nixon and Elvis.

Here's our pool rules. Our living room was added onto the house. So the red brick wall used to be the outside of the house. The room got built over the place where the pool rules were and we never took them down. The thing hanging out from behind is a...what do you call it..it's like a decoupage all about my band Lethargic. Pictures of us, pictures represent songs and stuff. I've been working on getting this shoved behind the pool rules because I assume after we eventually move, somebody else will come in and take the pool sign down. They'll find this weird ass collage of crap and be like WTF IT THIS?

Here's my remote controlled Batmobile monster truck.

Here's our redneck.

Here's a skeleton.

Here's my video games.

Here's my massive collection of video game consoles.

Here's my awesome dual Xbox 360/PS3 controller pyramid charger thingie.

And that's it. I think.
lethargic

Re: Lethargic Cribs

Postby Flack » January 1st, 2014, 11:22 pm

I laughed out loud at the cat vomit bit and literally spit out my drink at "beard collection".

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Makes me want to do the same thing but my wife would make me clean first and that will never happen.
Flack
Site Admin

Postby lethargic » January 2nd, 2014, 1:53 am

Not if you do what I do which was completely ignore people asking "what are you doing?? why are you taking pictures??"
lethargic

Postby lethargic » January 9th, 2015, 3:11 pm

I added this:

lethargic

Postby Flack » January 9th, 2015, 3:23 pm

When is the video Youtube edition?
Flack
Site Admin

Postby lethargic » January 9th, 2015, 3:52 pm

After I do a kickstarter for it.
lethargic

Postby Flack » January 10th, 2015, 9:11 am

I'm in for $5. $10 if you fire a gun inside the house.
Flack
Site Admin

Postby Kid Ice » February 5th, 2015, 9:16 pm

After today's session on the gas chamber for some reason I feel the urge to buy a skeleton.
Kid Ice

Return to [PUBLIC] Toys and Collecting