Star Wars 18" Figure Line

Are you a toy collector? Are you a game collector? Are you a computer collector? Are you a dirty, dirty hoarder? Whatever, this is the place to talk about collecting and show off your collections.

Star Wars 18" Figure Line

Postby Flack » January 9th, 2016, 2:54 pm

I first saw these last July and picked up a four pack from Toys R Us. I don't remember who all was in that pack (OST Luke and Tusken Raider were two of them). I was just looking and I now have 14 of these stupid things. At $20 a pop, I have to stop this.

The biggest dumb thing is that I have three Stormtroopers -- a new trooper, an OT trooper, and an OT sandtrooper -- not to mention a black TIE pilot and a biker scout. There are so many other figures I would rather see, and instead of some of the great figures from the OT they are releasing figures like Greedo and Bossk (kind of cool, but many others I'd rather see before that). I picked up Poe simply because I saw him for 50% off. I would have to check but I think the only prequel figure I have is Darth Maul (he was also on sale).

The biggest problem with these dumb things is coming up with a place to store and display them. I have them on a 3' wide shelf and they're 4 wide and 3 deep. This worked until a recent earthquake sent them all tumbling to the ground. I'm thinking about moving them to the movie room, but even there, I'll need a lot of shelf space to display them all. This is the exact reason I'm not buying the 31" figures. I'm out of room!!
Flack
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars 18" Figure Line

Postby Felix » January 12th, 2016, 6:44 pm

But which trooper is your fave?
Felix

Postby Flack » January 12th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Biker Scout for life, followed closely by the TIE Pilot.
Flack
Site Admin

Postby Flack » October 8th, 2016, 9:43 am

I have close to two dozen of these stupid things now. I have all the troopers -- and there are many -- standing on a shelf above my television upstairs. I ready went where I said I would not go by purchasing "Stormtrooper with Red Pauldron" after owning "Stormtrooper with Orange Pauldron." That's just dumbness on my part.

In my Star Wars room I have one shelf tall enough to display these figures. It's four foot wide, and deep enough to display two rows of figures if you put them facing forward, or one row if you turn them sideways. I turned them all sideways because I can fit two more figures on the shelf that way. Now that shelf is full and so is the one over the television. I hate my life.
Flack
Site Admin

Postby AArdvark » October 9th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Don't you ever have nightmares of all those figures going Bad Toy Story on you? You walk in and see them all staring at you , even though you set them sideways last night. REEP REEP REEP!

I dunno, that would scare me somehow.

THE
NIGHT OF THE
LIVING PLASTIC
AARDVARK
AArdvark

Postby Flack » October 9th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Nah, but when we had that 5.8 earthquake last month I ran upstairs to make sure none of them had fallen off the shelves! ;)

I recently mentioned this somewhere else, but if I could sell all of it for 1/4 of what I paid for it, I would. I'd keep my vintage figures and maybe a few vintage toys, and that would be about it. Anything newer than '95 would probably be gone.
Flack
Site Admin

Return to [PUBLIC] Toys and Collecting