Commodorkier

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Commodorkier

Post by Flack »

When I began selling copies of Commodork in PDF format, I wanted to offer buyers "something extra", and that's when I came up with an idea: Commodorkier was supposed to be a smaller "where are they now" electronic book, in which I interviewed key people from Commodork. I had planned on asking people about their old computer memories, and what they are up to today. When finished I planned on e-mailing a copy of it to everyone who ever purchased Commodork from me.

I tried doing two interviews and neither one came out well. In fact, I was quickly reminded as to why I got out of "journalism" -- I'm terrible at performing formal interviews. In addition, several of the other people I approached weren't interested in participating.

I ended up shelving the idea, and I'm not sure there's enough interest to invest the time in re-spinning it back up. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say the chances of this ever being finished are about a 2.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
AArdvark

Re: Commodorkier

Post by AArdvark »

Balls! That would be double A plus coolness! Actually, I might throw a couple of stories here. No, anecdotes really, stories is too grandiose a term for my C= tales. Mostly hardware related stuff.

THE
OFF WHITE PLASTIC
AARDVARK
Earl Green

Post by Earl Green »

I don't know that I'd abandon it on the grounds of it not being complete. Downloadable extras are normally just a fun little extra, not an additional body of work that's as long as the book itself.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

That's true. Maybe I need to start with some of the smaller fish* and work my way up from there.

(And by that I mean in accordance with their relation to the book, not how I view them personally of course.)
Flack
ubikuberalles

Post by ubikuberalles »

Did you interview Susan? She was in the book. How about Mr. Moon pie? He was in the book too. Did you interview yourself? After all you're the main character of the book. You could also interview your parents to get their perspective on all of this. They're the one who got you going on this, after all.

Maybe you could get a third party to interview for you since you have no faith in your own interviewing skills. Know anyone you think is a good interviewer? Earl maybe?

Anyway, food for thought.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

My plan at the time was to interview my dad, Susan, Jeff (Charon aka SteelRat405), my friend Andy, Justin (Arcane), and then several of the 405 people. I tried interviewing Justin and it felt so awkward that we just didn't do it. Maybe I will try again in the near future.
Flack
Kurri

Post by Kurri »

I bought the book last week through Amazon to read on the 'K1' 1st gen Kindle. A quick thought as a throw in for the hard copy sale would be an autographed 5-1/4" floppy loaded with programs for readers to use as a book mark.