YDKF Episode 151: Theme Parks

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 151: Theme Parks

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 151: Theme Parks
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 06:00:16 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/?p=462

Description: Visiting Disneyland for the first time last month put me in the mood to tell old stories about theme parks. [Links] The best Disney-themed podcast out there: Drunk on Disney Another Guy Hutchinson podcast: Adventure Club Podcast Video: Springlake Amusement Park Video: Frontier City Video: White Water Bay Video: Weird Al’s Skipper Dan Video: Disneyland […]
ladyjaye

Re: YDKF Episode 151: Theme Parks

Post by ladyjaye »

Another great episode! My theme park experience is pretty much limited to Montreal's La Ronde (which is now part of Six Flags and costs a fortune to enter compared to back when it belonged to the City of Montreal). Aside from that, my only other experience (save from mini theme parks set in shopping mall parking lots) was at Coney Island back in 2005.

Am listening the bit about the Pirate Ship -- La Ronde had that one, and my best friend would insist that we sit at one end of the ship. I'm a short person, and that was the scariest ride of my life. Whenever it'd get to the high point, I'd move quite a bit on the bench, barely hanging on to the bar. Julie doesn't have that issue, since she's a tall girl. Well, I never screamed as much as I did during that ride, and I must have been white as a sheet when it was over. Even worse, since it's a balancing movement like a giant swing, I really felt the effects of car sickness, which never happens with other rides. So, it's really not a ride for me!

There was also the time when I managed to sprain my ankle less than half an hour after arriving at La Ronde with some college friends. It happened at the stupidest moment: while walking away from an easy ride.

Fortunately, these moments are eclipsed by all the times I've gone with friends, all the times we didn't actually entered but stayed around to watch the fireworks from the Montreal International Fireworks Competition, the time in high school where my school went on a day where few other schools came, so we had a near-empty park to ourselves -- the only time I ever managed to do four big rides in a row, including two roller coasters.
KHoos

Re: YDKF Episode 151: Theme Parks

Post by KHoos »

Enjoyed this episode!
Koos van den Hout, [url]http://idefix.net/[/url]