Just One of the Guys with Shawn Robare

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Just One of the Guys with Shawn Robare

Post by m00npie »

Title: Just One of the Guys with Shawn Robare
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 00:32:14 +0000
Link: http://throwbackreviews.com/?p=384&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=just-one-of-the-guys-with-shawn-robare

Description: On this weeks show Sean and Rob are joined by Shawn Robare from Branded in the 80′s and co-host of the Cult film Club Podcast to talk about the 1985 film Just One of the Guys. Thanks to Pixel8 for the intro and closing music. Find more of  his music on his soundcloud page over […]
Flack
Site Admin

Re: Just One of the Guys with Shawn Robare

Post by Flack »

Wahoo!

We lost an episode due to some recording issues, but we're back with this one! I hadn't seen this movie since the 80s on HBO and had forgot how funny, goofy, and borderline raunchy it was.

Our guest on this show was Shawn Robare from http://brandedinthe80s.com and http://cultfilmclub.com, one excellent retro site and one excellent retro podcast!
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
lethargic

Post by lethargic »

I certainly hope you talked about the tits. One of the top 3 tits shots in movie history.

I bet she looks terrible today but I think I'd still go there.

I heard they were talking about remaking it a while back. I can not imagine how awful that would be. It would never just be the fun, goofy, comedy that it is. It would end up some Glee-ified morality play about bullying a transgendered student.
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

Another great show as always! I don't remember this movie at all, but I'm pretty sure I saw it in the 80s. It's too bad about the cartoon podcast though. Hopefully you can do it again.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

lethargic wrote:I certainly hope you talked about the tits. One of the top 3 tits shots in movie history.

I bet she looks terrible today but I think I'd still go there.

I heard they were talking about remaking it a while back. I can not imagine how awful that would be. It would never just be the fun, goofy, comedy that it is. It would end up some Glee-ified morality play about bullying a transgendered student.

Well, we did talk about the boobs. I talk about them a lot. I also mention the fact that she was 28, playing a 17 year old. When that tuxedo comes open though, she's all 28. Wowzer.

I don't see how you could make this movie today. One of the things I mentioned is that you have 15 and 17 year olds drinking beer throughout the whole movie. I don't think you can do that anymore, not in a PG-13 flick. Plus, Buddy's character... I thought he was funny but as I said in the show, "80s comedy is today's sexual harassment."
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork