Sprite Castle 001: Sid Meier’s Pirates!

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Sprite Castle 001: Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Post by m00npie »

Title: Sprite Castle 001: Sid Meier’s Pirates!
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 06:10:13 +0000
Link: http://www.SpriteCastle.com/?p=219

Description: Ahoy, landlubbers! In the debut episode of Sprite Castle I play and discuss Sid Meier’s Pirates!, published by MicroProse for the Commodore 64 in 1987. You can find download links for the Commodore 64 emulator “Vice” along with all the games played on Sprite Castle by clicking on the downloads tab. Next week’s game is […]
AArdvark

Re: Sprite Castle 001: Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Post by AArdvark »

That was a great episode! Pirates! was one of my favorites as well. I like the different segments of the podcast. I remember making my own Pirates! map using graph paper and just sailing around the Caribbean for the better part of a month, like Magellan or DeSoto, sketching the coastlines. It got to the point where I could sail to the exact location when I bought a single piece of pirate map from 'a shady customer' in a tavern.

Will you be covering Super Huey 2 in an upcoming episode? I have a cool memory of that game I want to share in the proper thread.

THE
ANECDOTAL
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it. I'm still trying to figure out which segments work and which ones don't (or new ones to add) so any feedback is greatly suggested.

I'm not sure I played Super Huey 2 much or at all but I will put it on the list for sure!
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
ladyjaye

Post by ladyjaye »

Is Sprite Castle available via iTunes? I just find it so much more convenient to download that way.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Today's your lucky day then.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sprite-castle/id827251255
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
ladyjaye

Post by ladyjaye »

Yay! More Flack goodness to bring my iPod touch one step closer to being full to the brim! :P