YDKF Episode 146: Kong Off 3

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 146: Kong Off 3

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 146: Kong Off 3
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 03:07:40 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/?p=415

Description: Getting back to arcade games, I spent November 15-17 in Denver, Colorado hanging around the 1UP Arcade attending the 3rd Annual Kong Off Tournament. Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe, Walter Day and the 32 best Donkey Kong players in the world attended the tournament. In this episode of You Don’t Know Flack I talk about my […]
Flack
Site Admin

Re: YDKF Episode 146: Kong Off 3

Post by Flack »

Listening back to this episode I guess it's more about my weekend than the Kong Off 3 specifically. I hope people still enjoy it.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
ladyjaye

Re: YDKF Episode 146: Kong Off 3

Post by ladyjaye »

Regarding the Spaced Invaders documentary: you could always ship a copy of your book to the filmmaker, if you have his address. Not as great as handing it to him in person, but I'm sure he'd enjoy it nonetheless. :) Oh, and did you buy a bottle of hot sauce from Billy Mitchell?

Interestingly, I discovered that one of the contestants, Vincent Lemay is from Quebec City. It's too bad that we barely heard anything about him in the media (in fact, zilch, aside from a tech TV show on our local equivalent to MTV), even though he did fare well in the tournament (finishing 10th).

At the same time, you're right to say that actually watching the tournament at play isn't necessarily that exciting, espeically since the game only has 4 screens (imagine one of the classic games with even less differences from one level to the next, like Pac-Man!). Mind you, I'm a bit jealous of the classic arcade scene in Denver, considering that there's barely anything in Montreal.