>> You Don't Know Flack: Podcast Ideas

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Re: Podcast Ideas

Post by Flack »

Robb Sherwin and I plan on recording the next episode (via Skype) the week of March 8th.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

DING DING DING DING DING!

WINNER!

THE
EARS ARE READY
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

We recorded the podcast the day before I left for vacation. I will finish it up Wednesday evening and post it Thursday. This one has taken far too long to get out the door.
Flack
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Any progress here?

BTW, you have to tell all your traffic ticket stories!

THE
A MUST
AARDVARK
Scarylad

Post by Scarylad »

Yes, I am craving more Flackcasts!!!!!!!
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I suck. I've had a recorded episode on my machine upstairs for a month that ICJ took time out of his weekend to record with me and I've not yet released it. I will do that over the next few days.
Flack
Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

KICK ASS! And if you need "pickups" because we kept telling Tdarcos stories over the opener, let me know. We can do a new opening.
ubikuberalles

Post by ubikuberalles »

If you are low on podcast ideas, you could scan your blog and consider if any of those topics are blog-worthy. It might not yield much in ideas but it's something to consider when you are suffering from bloggers-block.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I am not low on podcast ideas. I am low on dedicated podcast time.

To make things easier I set up a dedicated podcast machine which was a terrible idea because it's upstairs and I rarely go up there.
Flack
Earl Green

Post by Earl Green »

Flack wrote:I am not low on podcast ideas. I am low on dedicated podcast time.

Bingo.

I dunno what my excuse is with my podcast. I put together a nifty little hands-free recording setup that, in theory, I could wear while driving to/from work, doing the dishes, folding the laundry, cleaning litterboxes whatever.

But there's the problem: when's the last time you thought of anything podcast-worthy to say while scooping a litterbox?

I've got lots of outlines written up, things that might interest folks... but truthfully, I either don't have time alone to record a podcast, or if I do have time alone, it's usually when I've just gotten home from work and feel like crap. And I never know if anything that I think might interest someone is actually going to be of interest anyway. This extends to my whole site, not just the podcasts.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Since I have spent the better part of the last two months fixing up my arcade games and trying to sell them, doing a podcast about buying them seems ... disingenuous. I think my next podcast may actually be about selling arcade games instead.

One of my new year's resolutions is to do 12 podcasts this year, one a month, so I should be able to work through most of the topcs I've been sitting on for the past few months.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I got off to a bad start with the podcast this year (my first one was released in April), but I trying to keep the ball rolling so I am already working on the next one which I decided will be about Mr. Moonpie and Mr. Codfish. If you don't know who these two characters are, you will soon.

The good thing about this episode is that it shouldn't take much/any research, so I should be able to crank it out shortly and have it done within a week or so. I do plan on hitting my goal of 12 podcasts (at least) for the year, so I may have to crank them out a little more quickly than people are used to.
Flack
ubikuberalles

Post by ubikuberalles »

Mr. Moonpie! My favorite plush banana.
Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote:I got off to a bad start with the podcast this year (my first one was released in April), but I trying to keep the ball rolling so I am already working on the next one which I decided will be about Mr. Moonpie and Mr. Codfish. If you don't know who these two characters are, you will soon.

The good thing about this episode is that it shouldn't take much/any research, so I should be able to crank it out shortly and have it done within a week or so. I do plan on hitting my goal of 12 podcasts (at least) for the year, so I may have to crank them out a little more quickly than people are used to.

Was the content of ours unusable? You can be real with me, Mr. Flack. I can take it. I fucked it up somehow, didn't I?
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Flack wrote:I got off to a bad start with the podcast this year (my first one was released in April), but I trying to keep the ball rolling so I am already working on the next one which I decided will be about Mr. Moonpie and Mr. Codfish. If you don't know who these two characters are, you will soon.

Was the content of ours unusable? You can be real with me, Mr. Flack. I can take it. I fucked it up somehow, didn't I?

Gah, I need to go track that down. The problem is, it's stored on a computer that I haven't hooked up since I moved. Scratch what I said before, this will be the next podcast. Or maybe the one after this one. Bear with me folks, I'm winging this.
Flack
Ice Cream Jonsey

No! It's because of the horrible things I've said!
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Listening to Pinback's podcast test with guest Ice Cream Jonsey reminded me how funny Robb Sherwin is and made me go find the podcast we recorded together. Right now I have three computers, some duct tape, a bit of Jello and some bailing wire holding these machines together as I copy the one and a half gig wave file over from one piece of crap computer to the other. Scratch everything I said about the Mr. M00npie episode folks -- the next episode WILL BE all about TEXT ADVENTURES starring me and THE ONE AND ONLY ICE CREAM JONSEY!!!

Then it will be back to terrible episodes starring just me.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

The podcast machine died so I had to pull the hard drive out to move the file over.

The podcast is 2/3 done. I had to pull out the first 15 where we talked about the state of Robb's forum, and edit out a few minor mistakes. I ran out of time because of the OKC/Dallas basketball game.

Tonight I'll add the header and footer and should be able to get it out the door either tonight or tomorrow. I'll bump Mr. Moonpie to 116.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Episode 115 (Text Adventures with Robb Sherwin) is done. I'll post it tonight.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

This is slightly out of date, but 115 and 116 were both posted. I have a script ready for 117 (Copyfests), just need to record it.
Flack
Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: >> You Don't Know Flack: Podcast Ideas/Status [STICKY]

BROADS I BANGED
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I say every episode is going to be 30 minutes long and every one is an hour long and at least one of them was two hours long. If I did that subject, I could get the overall average of all shows back down to 30 minutes.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I recorded episode 117 (Copyfests) last week while out on the road. I should have it online tonight.
Flack
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Schweeet! I've been re-listening to Earl Evans' podcasts to slake my retro thirst and this will be very much welcome!

THE
BUMP AND GRIND
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

117 (Copyfests) has been posted. Need to decide what 118 will be now.
Flack