Episode 140: Reclaiming Spaces

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Episode 140: Reclaiming Spaces

Post by Flack »

Episode 140 is Online.

In previous episodes of You Don’t Know Flack I’ve talked both about arcades and my own personal arcade collection. In Episode 140, I talk about how and why I ended up parting with that collection. My book about collecting arcade games was titled Invading Spaces so I thought it would be appropriate to titled this one Reclaiming Spaces. Owning all those games took up a lot of space, and it wasn’t until I began to part with them that I regained all that space.

Link: Episode 140: Reclaiming Spaces
Link: Archive.org Download Mirror
Link: The YDKF Website
Link: The YDKF Forum (The Gas Chamber)
Link: The YDKF RSS Feed
Link: The YDKF Facebook Page
Feeds: iTunes | Stitcher | Podcast Pickle
Voice Mailbox: 405-486-YDKF
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Re: Episode 140: Reclaiming Spaces

Post by obliterator918 »

I did the same thing, re buying stuff for collections that I didn't actually care about, because, well, I was collecting stuff. I bought some Sega Saturn games from Salvation Army because I knew they were cheap for what they were, even though I didn't care about the Saturn or even have one. But I had recently decided to start collecting retro games so I bought them. I think I eventually sold those games for a decent profit at OVGE.

I also have an Amiga CD32 that I got out of some kind of ancillary collecting interest from my Commodore 64 addiction, but I don't really care about it. Thinking of selling that one...