Funk.

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Funk.

Post by Flack »

I missed last week's podcast, due to exhaustion. Not real exhaustion, like a marathon runner might experience, but fake exhaustion, like Hollywood starlets are always complaining about. I recorded an episode Sunday night, but it sounds fairly uninspired. Last night I watched the Thunder game instead of editing and posting it. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight. Burn out, I fear, is setting in.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
ubikuberalles

Re: Funk.

Post by ubikuberalles »

Any possibility of mentioning Brad Prillwitz in a future pod-cast? I don't know if there is enough material for a full pod-cast but a shout out of some kind would be nice.

I know that doesn't exactly pull you out of your funk (it may have made it worse) but at least it's something different. Maybe you could fill the rest of the podcast with stories about...um...kittens! or maybe fond memories of your favorite text adventure, or movie or time in an arcade or bar (or both). I dunno.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Those are some good suggestions -- thanks, friend.

134 was already recorded before I really had time to soak in the news about Brad. 135 will definitely have a part dedicated to him.
Flack
TheCheesyAssassin

Post by TheCheesyAssassin »

Having just learned of the news today, I'm deeply saddened by it. There will always be an empty spot in that south ballroom that nobody will ever be able to fill. I'll always miss his tournaments, and look back at the few times I did get to participate in them. I wish that I had been able to spend more time at his table, and talk to him more. I know I don't stick around here much, or at any of the forums... And this has taken the greatest blow to that forgotten part of my mind in a while... For now on, I think I'll make it my goal to keep up more with you guys and the currents events... laziness is no excuse for learning about a fellow collectors death nearly two weeks after the funeral.

Brad, I want you to know that OVGE will never be the same without you.

/zachary

Brad Prillwitz - May 11, 1965 - April 30, 2013
"Some people think everything new is shit; I disagree, that Oculus Rift looks pretty damn promising."

~Zachary Hibbard
Earl Green

Post by Earl Green »

I can relate - if I don't edit some of my little daily tidbits tonight (which, for 3-5 minutes, take a hell of a lot of time to edit), there won't be one ready to go tomorrow. But tracking the weather and soaking in the news about the tornado in Moore is - perhaps ironically - stealing my thunder a bit. Just listening to them talking about pulling kids out of the rubble of an elementary school is draining. It used to be that being at school when a tornado hit was my worst nightmare as a kid. Now the very thought is one of my worst nightmares as a parent. Yay growing up?
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Episode 138 (Atari 2600) is almost done. I did half of it last night and got bored. I'll try and record the other half tonight and finish 'er up. I really need to get back on schedule.
Flack
TheCheesyAssassin

Post by TheCheesyAssassin »

You ever get the background noise levels fixed? If you've got a picture of your normal recording setup I might be able to point you towards something that would suppress it nicely...
"Some people think everything new is shit; I disagree, that Oculus Rift looks pretty damn promising."

~Zachary Hibbard
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

A picture of my recording setup looks like this: me sitting in the middle of a noisy room.
Flack
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

Looking forward to the show Rob!