Technical Issues

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Technical Issues

Post by Flack »

Here's how the last week has gone:

Sunday night in a hotel room, I recorded episode 132. It was late and I was self conscious about talking too loudly in the hotel room. Halfway through I paused it and listened to it and it was terrible. Not only was the tone all wrong but because I was too close to a wall, I had this weird echo effect going on. I trashed that version.

Monday, in the new hotel room, I re-recorded the entire episode. That took about 90 minutes. When I was done I copied the file off of the Zoom H2 and on to my netbook. While editing, my netbook blue screened. I just reloaded it like a week or two ago with Windows 7. It came with XP, so perhaps the drivers are dodgy. Anyway, it blue screens every 10 minutes or so. While editing the show, I began hearing little weird audio glitches. They're not like pops or anything, they're like little digital glitches where I sound like a robot for a split second. I only heard two or three and was willing to deal with it and finish editing Tuesday night.

Tuesday while editing I noticed that like 5 minutes of the recording was missing. Just missing, right out of the middle of the file. I put the original card back in the computer and played it back and it's missing there too.

Last night, I did nothing related to the podcast.

Today is Thursday. I think I'm going to pick up a different SD card and turn off all the extra options on the mic and re-record. We'll see how that goes.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
Earl Green

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Earl Green »

Now, if you could figure out how to sound like a robot for the whole thing, there's a side-career just waiting to happen there. Or at least an outgoing-voice-mail-message waiting to happen.