Excuses

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Excuses

Post by Flack »

Last week on Sunday (when I normally record You Don't Know Flack) I flew to Seattle. I took all my recording gear with me in hopes of recording an episode in the hotel, but the hotel walls were paper thing and I felt like I couldn't even speak in a normal speaking tone without bothering my neighbors. I decided to wait until I got back to record, but I flew back home Saturday afternoon and spent Sunday with the family.

So now I'm two shows behind.

I'll be recording #130 tonight, and maybe #131 during the week to get back on track. If I can't churn a second one out during the week then I'll do two this Sunday and slip the second one in later.

When I announced I would be recording one show per week, I really hadn't planned on this crazy work schedule getting tossed in my lap. It's all over in May, but until then I may have to get creative.

I am thinking about buying a Zoom H2 mic. I love my Blue Yeti but it is gigantic and not easy to travel with. The Zoom H2 has similar quality and will fit in my pocket. That would be great for recording "on the road," whether it's in a hotel room or at OVGE. I had my eye on one on Craigslist but the seller flaked out -- maybe I'll hit eBay this morning and see what's up.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Excuses

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Hey... it's months away, but recording a LIVE YDKF during the Oklahoma Video Game Expo?? With special guests me, Brian, Charles, Earl, Vark and other people reading that that will be there??

How FFFFFFFFFFFFFing great would that be? So show #160 or so is set.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Oh yeah, consider it done. Also I looked on eBay and there are H2 mics selling for $20 more than that CL flake had his for so I will probably get one of those. Pro quality and records to an SD card (and runs off of AA batteries) so it's completely portable.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Oh also I recorded episode 130 tonight. It should be online tomorrow.
Flack