Mobile, Mobile Studio

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Mobile, Mobile Studio

Post by Flack »

Well, I may have pushed things too far. I recorded my last podcast in a hotel room, using my Yeti mic and my iPad. It came out sounding great, other than when a pizza man accidentally knocked on my (the wrong) door. I could have edited that out but I thought it was funny.

While back from Washington DC the week before last I decided to push my luck and attempted to record a podcast while driving. Basically I hooked everything up like I had it in the hotel room, except I recorded it while driving. I assumed I might have to edit some stuff out since I was free-wheeling and driving, but unfortunately my mic is too sensitive and I ended up recording the constant hum of road noise in the background. I wouldn't call it unusable, but it's very noticeable and I'm not going to use it. I'll have to re-record the latest episode, and I won't be trying to record while driving again.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
RetroRomper

Re: Mobile, Mobile Studio

Post by RetroRomper »

So cell phones are a no no but a full, drivers seat recording studio is legal?
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

It shouldn't be, for sure. I almost crashed multiple times.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I finally got around to listening to the recordings I made while driving and they are all unusable -- just too much background road noise. I saved the topics to re-record at a future time.
Flack