Episode 116: Mr. Moonpie

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

Episode 116: Mr. Moonpie

Post by Flack »

I guess I never created a thread for 116. This episode got as many listens as most of the other ones, but I got very little feedback regarding it and I'm worried it wasn't very popular.

http://podcast.robohara.com/?p=82
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
KHoos

Re: Episode 116: Mr. Moonpie

Post by KHoos »

Flack wrote:I guess I never created a thread for 116. This episode got as many listens as most of the other ones, but I got very little feedback regarding it and I'm worried it wasn't very popular.

Just finished listening (yes, podcasts can be on huge delays) and loved it. I liked the description of Mr. Moonpie from the Commodork book, so I had to listen to this one.

BBS related story from me triggered by listening to this episode: I dug up the old backup tapes from the BBS and started putting stuff on-line at http://bbs.idefix.net/ . Only stuff which is still readable/usable. Which includes a number of old Dutch BBS lists. Someone googled his name and found his listing in a 90s BBS with a strong sex theme, so he requested for that to be deleted, which I agreed to. I like to make these bits of history available as original as possible but I can imagine his wish not to find his wild actions from the 90s for a back then limited audience to be found worldwide now with a simple search. How technology has changed and put a new twist in old data!
Koos van den Hout, [url]http://idefix.net/[/url]
ubikuberalles

Post by ubikuberalles »

I didn't listen to the podcast until I was driving between Kingman and Las Vegas about 12 days ago. So, for me, it's not an issue of popularity but more of me not listening to your podcasts until I have a road trip.

And then, when I got home, I didn't see a thread for this particular podcast and I was too lazy to create my own. So, whatever thoughts I had about the podcast were lost to the ages because you didn't create a thread for this podcast, Rob. :P

I will say that Mr. Moonpie has been treated poorly by both humans and animals. He get beat up a lot, especially in the face. Someone should sew some buttons where his eyes should be so that he looks at least partially human...er...intelligent banana like.
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Don't do it! Look what happened to her!

Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I'm glad you all listened to them. It's always a little disappointing when your podcast gets 1,000+ downloads and you get 0 feedback on it. I appreciate you guys.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Moonpie was great! I hope to hear more from him on the BBS.

THE
YELLOW MODERATOR
AARDVARK
ubikuberalles

Post by ubikuberalles »

AArdvark wrote:Don't do it! Look what happened to her!

Actually that would add cred to his reputation of being a badass, thumping the unruly user of the BBS.