YDKF: State of the Union ...

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
Flack
Site Admin

YDKF: State of the Union ...

Post by Flack »

Just to get everybody up to speed ...

About two years ago I started my own podcast called "You Don't Know Flack". In two years I've recorded about nine episodes, which isn't a great number. One of the problems I ran into was, every time I was in the mood to record a new episode, everything was unhooked and by the time I tracked down my microphone, mixing board, cables, wires, software, etc., the mood had passed. I recently built a dedicated audio/podcast PC and set it up upstairs, which I'm hoping alleviates this problem.

When I first started recording YDKF, I used a cheap-ass USB microphone which didn't sound great. I then upgraded to a studio-quality mic, but had recording issues with my software that was introducing a lot of clicks, pops and hisses into my recordings. That's a long way of saying that the recording quality of some of the earlier episodes isn't great, but as of around episode 107 or so, it's pretty good now.

I'm shooting to record and release episode 109 this weekend. I'll start another thread shortly with a list of topics I have on the white board (literally, I have a white board in my computer room and these are written on it).
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
Felix

Re: YDKF: State of the Union ...

Post by Felix »

I am very glad that you haven't given up the podcast yet. I really enjoy listening to it.
Earl Green

Post by Earl Green »

You're doing better than I am at podcasting. Every week I promise myself that this week is the week that I'll record my intros etc. for my traditional end-of-the-year music podcast. We're talking about the end-of-2009 music podcast and it's almost May 2010. And it's not like I'm sitting there singing the music or anything. I've thought about just going ahead and trying to record it with Evan in the room, but I have a feeling that might get on people's nerves unless the toddler-speak was confined to a single segment. :mrgreen:
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

For me, the hardest part is getting everything together in one place. Now that I have a dedicated machine set up for recording, it's been pretty easy to get things rolling.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Just a little bump to remind everyone that one of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to record at least one new podcast every month. I plan on recording January's this weekend.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

That resolution didn't go so well. In 2012 I recorded about 8 episodes and only released 5.

In 2013 I am attempting to record an episode every week. So far I am 2 for 2, baby!
Flack