Sprite Castle 034: BC’s Quest for Tires

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Sprite Castle 034: BC’s Quest for Tires

Post by m00npie »

Title: Sprite Castle 034: BC’s Quest for Tires
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 10:50:54 +0000
Link: http://spritecastle.com/sprite-castle-034-bcs-quest-for-tires/

Description: Support my podcasts on Patreon.com/RobOHara What better hero than a caveman on a unicycle? On this episode of Sprite Castle, we’re rollin’ deep as we discuss the first game I ever saw on a Commodore 64: BC’s Quest for Tires, released by Sierra On-Line, Inc. in 1983. Download the game in .D64 format HERE. Download […]
obliterator918

Re: Sprite Castle 034: BC’s Quest for Tires

Post by obliterator918 »

You say this game is not hard. This just reinforces my low opinion of my ability to play these games. We had a copy of this game and played it a lot, and I was horrible at it. I think I may have gotten to the end a couple of times, and I doubt I ever won.

It was this and Jungle Hunt, over and over in our house.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I don't know how hard it was back in the day, but the other day when I played it was able to save the girl in about five minutes. Trust me, I'm terrible at video games -- this one's pretty easy.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
HatTrick

Post by HatTrick »

I downloaded this from a BBS back in the day and wanted to love it because it looked just like a cartoon. I found it too hard but now I realize it was probably because I didn't have the manual. I had no idea how to get that bird to carry me across the pit. Back then, I was more concerned with collecting as many games as I could and often didn't play them very much. I would lie in bed at night and look at my c64 sitting on its desk and feel so proud and lucky that I could just play any video game I wanted, whenever I wanted. The real fun was connecting to BBSs and looking for more games.

I just went to archive.org and played the Colecovision version of Quest for Tires for a bit. We are living in the future that I always dreamed of as a kid.

Another great episode, Flack. I am glad you are putting out podcasts again. At least until next semester.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I agree, this really was a great looking game for its time. I also agree, this is a great time to be alive. I wonder what 13-year-old me would say if the 43-year-old me could tell myself that with a couple of clicks of the mouse I could downloaded all the software it took me a decade to amass in about 5 minutes.

I don't expect to have another semester as packed as my last one was. My podcast schedule will always fluctuate depending on real life, but I plan to keep doing them for a long time.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork