YDKF Episode 180: Thanksgiving

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 180: Thanksgiving

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 180: Thanksgiving
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 22:05:46 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/ydkf-episode-180-thanksgiving/

Description: Support You Don’t Know Flack on Patreon.com/RobOHara Nothing says Thanksgiving like December. On this slightly-delayed episode of You Don’t Know Flack, I catch up on a few things. In a lengthy Loading Time segment I discuss the WiModem (a wireless modem for the Commodore 64) and the new 1541 Ultimate II+, along with how graduate […]
AArdvark

Re: YDKF Episode 180: Thanksgiving

Post by AArdvark »

Why is it that every time Rob mentions an addition to his ever-cool Commodore 64 it makes me lust for one myself. I found myself browsing 128s on Ebay after hearing about the wi-fi modem. Hopefully the urge will pass.

I always thought Thanksgiving was pretty much just OK. We used to have the turkey bowl every year, tackle football in the snow then home for dinner. It used to be five hours long, from 8AM till 1PM. Then it was was 9 till noon as we aged a bit. Finally got to the point where we were all so winded after an hour we just called it off. Like Lucy said: "It's funny how some traditions just fade away."

THE
FLAT ON MY BACK
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Re: YDKF Episode 180: Thanksgiving

Post by Flack »

Except for the two years Susan and I lived in Spokane, I can't remember ever seeing snow on Thanksgiving. Here in Oklahoma, November is still deep fall. It might be in the 60s or it might be in the 30s, but there will still be leaves blowing around on the ground.

My family used to put their Christmas tree up late and Susan's family put theirs up early (like the day after Thanksgiving). Somehow we have combined these things and we now have (fake) trees up from the day after Thanksgiving through New Year's. If it were up to me I would buy a giant flat screen television, mount it vertically, and display a slide show of trees.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork