Weird Science (1985)

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Weird Science (1985)

Post by m00npie »

Title: Weird Science (1985)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:18:59 +0000
Link: http://throwbackreviews.com/weird-science-1985/

Description: On this episode Sean & Rob talk about Kelly LeBrock………I mean, the 1985 film Weird Science. Download: Weird Science Please consider using our Amazon affiliate link when making those last minute holiday purchases or any time you shop Amazon.Thanks for your support!  Intro music is by Kevin Zerbe “Zerbinator” himself. Find more of Kevin’s music at http://zerbinator.wordpress.com/zerbinators-music/ Closing Music […]
Flack
Site Admin

Re: Weird Science (1985)

Post by Flack »

Yay, m00npie is working again! This was a fun movie to re-visit and talk about.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

One of the things I love about those 80's movies is how they portrayed the computers capable of being able to do anything. Since the general public didn't really understand them hollywood was able to make them do anything. What was that movie where the computer fell in love with the cello playing girl neighbor upstairs? And then tried to cock block the human owner. I ferget the name but it wasn't very believable. And of course the full A.I. Joshua in Wargames and Johnny 5 in Short Circuit. There's a bunch of other premises that I can bring to mind right this second but you get the idea.

THE
COGNIZANT 8 BIT
AARDVARK
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

The other movie you were thinking of was Electric Dreams. At the end of the movie the computer committed suicide by sending a super strong electronic shock through phone lines around the world and blowing itself up.
Flack
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

AArdvark wrote: I ferget the name but it wasn't very believable.

You mean my computer won't come to life if I dump liquid on the keyboard?

That movie was awful.

Since the general public didn't really understand them hollywood was able to make them do anything.

This is still true, LOL. The various hacker-themed TV shows are no-watch for me. I am not able to suspend disbelief to the extent they require.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I knew I had written a review of Electric Dreams, I just wasn't sure where I put it. Here it is!

http://review-o-matic.com/electric-dreams-review/
Flack
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I remember that the owner had installed electric locks on the door and when he tried to leave for whatever reason the computer locked him in. At that point I'm thinking if he installed the stuff wouldn't he be able to, you know, unhook it again? That's when I folded my arms and questioned the price of theater admission to myself. yes, I did see this at a theater.

THE
FOOL ME ONCE
AARDVARK