Sprite Castle 017: Montezuma’s Revenge

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Sprite Castle 017: Montezuma’s Revenge

Post by m00npie »

Title: Sprite Castle 017: Montezuma’s Revenge
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 03:05:52 +0000
Link: http://www.SpriteCastle.com/?p=351

Description: Snakes, spiders and skulls — oh my! After getting distracted for a few minutes by one-star Yelp reviews for Panchos Mexican Buffet, I get into this episodes adventure which is 1984’s MONTEZUMA’S REVENGE. If you would like to play along, you can find download links to emulators along with all the games played so far […]
fergojisan

Re: Sprite Castle 017: Montezuma’s Revenge

Post by fergojisan »

Awesome! I have copies of this game for multiple systems but never really tried it out. I don't have the C64 version though, hope that doesn't offend you. :) Too late to be the king of the castle again, I guess.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

The first winning submission for King of the Castle was roughly 30 minutes after I posted it. The episode's 37 minutes, which means people are downloading it and skipping to the end to identify the song first. And I'm okay with that but competition's getting tougher, s'all.

I've received a dozen winning guesses and the show's been out for ~12 hours so I'm guessing this one was too easy. I may just throw an honorary King of the Castle party and let everyone in for an episode or something.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

I am guilty of skipping ahead this time. :)
darwinconan

Post by darwinconan »

I just listen to episode 17 and I liked it. I thought the part of Pancho's was great. I live in the east coast but went to school in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They had a Pancho's there and I went there a few times. It was like 33 years ago and at that time did not have a bad reputation. I like it but could not afford to go there very much because I was a student. This was before I had my C64 and hearing this was kind of retro for me.
I played a lot of C64 games but never played Montezuma revenge. I will have to try it. That is great you have the links for the maps and everything.