Sprite Castle 016: MicroLeague Wrestling

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Sprite Castle 016: MicroLeague Wrestling

Post by m00npie »

Title: Sprite Castle 016: MicroLeague Wrestling
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 03:16:46 +0000
Link: http://www.SpriteCastle.com/?p=346

Description: Atomic elbows! Leg drops! Head smashes! OH YEAH! On this week’s episode of Sprite Castle we wrestle with the world’s most strategic wrestling game, 1987’s MICROLEAGUE WRESTLING. If you would like to play along, you can find download links to emulators along with all the games played so far on Sprite Castle by clicking on […]
boatofcar

Re: Sprite Castle 016: MicroLeague Wrestling

Post by boatofcar »

This was totally different than what I was expecting. From the title, I thought it was some sort of tiny (as in size) wrestling league, a la M.U.S.C.L.E. the video game. Which would have been a heck of a lot cooler than what this game actually is :) However, it did pique my interest enough that the next episode of Amigos will be the Amiga version of MicroLeague Wrestling!
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Haha, that's great! Yeah the Amiga version if the best looking and sounding port. I'll be interested to see if you guys enjoy playing it!
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
darwinconan

Post by darwinconan »

Hi, I just listen to the Sprite Castle 16 podcast and really liked it. This was my first podcast from sprite castle that I listen to. It was entertaining and I like the sound effects and the music from microleague wresting in the podcast. I am a big C64 fanatic and use my C64 all the time. I enjoyed listening to this podcast because the game was microleague wrestling. I had the microleage baseball 1 and 2 for the C64 and it was the same way that it is all strategy. Microleague baseball 1 does have a lot of charm to it and I will play it a little bit. It has a announcer and his words display on the screen for every play which I like. Microleague baseball 2 has no charm to it and is very boring to play.
I will have to listen to all of the other podcasts. This great that they come out every two weeks! It is great listening to it in the car. It is great that you have all of the news from the C64 scene in the beginning. I will have to try microleague wrestling even though I prefer action instead of strategy for this type of game.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Thanks for listening to the show -- I'm glad you liked it!

If you don't want to play MicroLeague Wrestling, you can always check it out on Youtube. It's actually almost like playing the real thing, haha.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork