YDKF Episode 162: 720

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 162: 720

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 162: 720
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 17:00:31 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/?p=583

Description: This episode of You Don’t Know Flack is dedicated to one of the greatest (and one of my favorite) arcade games of all time — Atari’s 720 degrees! In this episode I talk about the game, my first experience with a 720 arcade cabinet, and whether or not I ever ended up getting one! Also, […]
boatofcar

Re: YDKF Episode 162: 720

Post by boatofcar »

720 is a game I've tried several times at a few locations (one of my arcade collecting buddies has one) but I was never able to master the swivel. I always did like the NES port--it was sort of a Skate or Die with a level up system. All of the events in each park were technically completable too--something that cannot be said for Sake or Die on the NES (seriously, can anyone do the high jump without a turbo controller?)
Trixter

Post by Trixter »

Just a quick note that I really enjoyed this one -- it was shorter than some of your other episodes, and I think that made it easier to digest, perhaps? In any case, after listening, I tracked down 720 at Galloping Ghost and played it for a good half hour. I still sucked, but thanks for the memories all the same.

PS: GGA just got an authentic Wacko cabinet (everything is slanted), so check it out next time you visit.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Cool, thanks guys. And yeah, I would love to see a Wacko cabinet in the flesh -- I'll definitely check that out the next time I'm in Chicago!
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork