Sprite Castle 012: Commando

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

Sprite Castle 012: Commando

Post by m00npie »

Title: Sprite Castle 012: Commando
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 23:00:07 +0000
Link: http://www.SpriteCastle.com/?p=317

Description: Lock and load, people! This week’s game is Commando, and I also talk a little about the recently released updated version Commando Arcade SE as well. Commando was released in 1985 and the Special Edition was released in 2015. How ’bout THEM grenades!? If you would like to play along, you can find download links […]
Flack
Site Admin

Re: Sprite Castle 012: Commando

Post by Flack »

These episodes where I cover two different versions of the same game get confusing. Commando is a good game but the recently released Commando Special Edition is fantastic.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
obliterator918

Post by obliterator918 »

Thanks -- listened to this one while I rearranged my office to make room for my C64 setup again. Definitely need to play the new edition of this game.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I have a lot of nostalgia for the original, but the new special edition is so good that I'm sure that is the only version I will play from now on. It would be like if someone went back and someone released a nearly arcade perfect port of Pac-Man for the Atari 2600. Other than for masochistic reasons, why play the original at that point?
Flack
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

Sentimentality plays a big part in this hobby, but on the other hand, you are right.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

That was probably a bad example, as I would continue to play the original only because it would be like two different games. And you're right, nostalgia is huge in video gaming. It's funny how all the old C64 games I used to play are the "good" ones and all the ones I'm just seeing now for the first time stink...
Flack