No Quarter 129: Bomb Jack

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

No Quarter 129: Bomb Jack

Post by m00npie »

Title: No Quarter 129: Bomb Jack
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 22:00:05 +0000
Link: http://www.noquarterpodcast.com/2015/05/03/no-quarter-129-bomb-jack/

Description: A review of the classic arcade game Bomb Jack, released by Tehken in 1994. Show Notes: Mike’s footage of Stern’s Mustang Pro Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (Tacoma, WA) Quinn Dunki’s awesome MAME Controller Mrs. Pepperpot (Spoon Obasan) Ending Theme (Level 1 Music) Bomb Jack Footage (4.8 million!) Mike’s high score: 82,550 Rob’s high score: […]
k8track

Re: No Quarter 129: Bomb Jack

Post by k8track »

So I'm going through and just now downloading these episodes of No Quarter that you are on, Flack. For some reason, this one has been removed, and was just wondering why? Any chance of getting it anywhere?
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I don't know why it would have been removed (probably an accident) but I'm sure I have it in my personal collection.

EDIT: I'm uploading it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddog1xlv7km8i23/3PEIDh9_ee
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
k8track

Post by k8track »

Pretty sure I know why, last night after I posted this, I went back and looked it up on the No Quarter Facebook page (took me a while on this ancient computer). It mentioned that it had a licensed Beatles song in it, so I'm sure that must be it.

For the life of me, I'm trying to download it from the link you gave me, and I can't. It may very well be due to my ancient computer, I don't know. I've tried Firefox and Safari; all I can download is some 163KB remnant or whatever.
k8track

Post by k8track »

To clarify, if I right click save as, it looks like it's going to save the mp3 file, but I get a 163KB file of something. If I left click it, it goes to a blank page with no mp3 player (or mpeg object player or whatever it's called). I've tried three different browsers, but of course they are all ancient. Still, I don't think that should matter.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I just re-uploaded it as a zip file. When you click on it, it'll say no preview is available, and then allow you to download it. I just downloaded it after uploading it and it worked.
Flack
k8track

Post by k8track »

It must be my ancient computer here at my mom's old house. Apparently dropbox is too modern for it. I couldn't download it, nor could I download something I myself had uploaded a while back (from my much newer computer at my apartment). Would you mind keeping it up a few more days? I should be going back to my apartment on Sunday. Also, I'll see if I can download it from my brother's computer.

Thanks again for going to all that trouble.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

I copied it up to one of my websites as well, if you want to try that:

http://www.snakeoiler.com/podcast/bombjack.zip
Flack
k8track

Post by k8track »

Rob, you are a prince. That did the trick. Thanks so much again, I greatly appreciate it.

Every day, this ancient computer becomes just a little bit more useless, thanks to the ever-evolving internet.

Looking forward to listening to all of your No Quarter podcasts!
k8track

Post by k8track »

I just realized that I used up more than my quota of the word "ancient." I need one of them thesaurus thingys.