YDKF Episode 159: MAME

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 159: MAME

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 159: MAME
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:00:56 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/?p=562

Description: On this episode of You Don’t Know Flack I talk about MAME, the arcade game emulator. I talk about some of the different types of computer and devices I play MAME on (including things like PCs and the Raspberry Pi), some of the different controllers I use, and touch on some of the advantages of […]
Flack
Site Admin

Re: YDKF Episode 159: MAME

Post by Flack »

This episode's not great.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

Bullshit. It's automatically great because you are on it talking.
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I have to listen to it again cause it's so great! Actually I was interrupted and missed a part of it. I tell you though, it makes me itch to build a cabinet of my own, which might actually happen in a few years. If I keep listening to your shows who knows what things may get built in my basement.

THE
DOWN IN THE
LA-BORE-A-TORY
AARDVARK
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

I listened to this show and heard you talk about the Oklahoma City bombing. Then I listened to Doug and Heather and they were wondering if anyone really gathered around TVs in public (I think they were talking about it happening on the street outside a store window in Eddie & the Cruisers). I was in KMart when the news about OKC broke, and I was of course in the electronics section where the TVs were. One of them had a special report about it and I stopped to watch. soon there was indeed a crowd of people watching the news about OKC unfold on this TV. It was the only time I've ever experienced something like that. This probably wouldn't happen now because everyone has TV in their pocket and there probably aren't many TV stores on the street anymore, save for really big cities.
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

On October 5, 1995 (I just looked up the date) someone at work had a small television and we huddled around it to watch the OJ Simpson verdict being read live. You're right though, it doesn't happen like that any more, especially in public.

I will tell you one time it happened to me a few years ago. A few years ago I went to the mall to do some last minute shopping for my wife's birthday. When I walked by the food court there were a bunch of people standing around. I thought there was a magician or something over there so I walked over. Turns out they were all watching a big television and they had just announced Michael Jackson had died. I just looked up the date for that and it was 6/25/2009. I must have really been doing some last minute shopping because her birthday is on the 26th.

The Murrah bombing was a weird time to be in OKC. 9/11 was a weird day to work at the FAA.
Flack
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

AArdvark wrote:I have to listen to it again cause it's so great! Actually I was interrupted and missed a part of it. I tell you though, it makes me itch to build a cabinet of my own, which might actually happen in a few years. If I keep listening to your shows who knows what things may get built in my basement.

Well thanks, I appreciate that. When I went back to edit it, I kind of thought (a) this feels scatterbrained, and (b) this doesn't have a real point. A lot of my shows are about a topic that I walk people through, or tell an overall story. This one felt more like, "well, here are some random semi-related topics."

Sprite Castle is a lot easier to put together than YDKF these days.
Flack