YDKF Episode 158: Tornadoes

RSS feed links to blog posts, podcasts, and more. This is the only forum visible to non-registered guests. Includes posts from RobOHara.com, Podcast.RobOHara.com, and BigRobsVan.com.
m00npie

YDKF Episode 158: Tornadoes

Post by m00npie »

Title: YDKF Episode 158: Tornadoes
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 13:30:05 +0000
Link: http://podcast.robohara.com/?p=554

Description: It’s spring in the Midwest and that means it’s tornado season. On this episode of You Don’t Know Flack I talk about what it was like growing up in Tornado Alley and my experience with two devastating tornadoes in Oklahoma on May 3, 1999 and May 20, 2013. [Links] Link: TheAverageRunnerPodcast.com Link: The Stoogeum Link: […]
Flack
Site Admin

Re: YDKF Episode 158: Tornadoes

Post by Flack »

This is one of the longest and least-technical episodes I've released. The next one will have to be super techy to make up for it.
Flack
www.robohara.com | www.facebook.com/robohara | www.twitter.com/Commodork
fergojisan

Post by fergojisan »

I thought it was an excellent episode, despite it being a trifle sad. Not something I have ever dealt with, so it was nice to hear someone with first hand experience talk about it. The myths part was very enlightening. Thanks Rob!
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Thanks man. I wasn't sure if people would care for it since it was so far out of my normal scope. I need to do a video game episode to bring things back on track.
Flack
AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Those audio clips made my palms sweaty. Gotta hand it to you for being able to live in Tonado Alley. There's no way I could live there without ulcers.

THE
BIG LARGE ULCERS
AARDVARK
Felix

Post by Felix »

I thought it was a great episode. I don't mind at all that it deviated from any techy things. Living in Kansas, I've had a taste of tornadoes as well. It is interesting to hear how other people deal with them.
KHoos

Post by KHoos »

I am interested in the weather/meteorology and I have seen quite a bit about tornadoes in the movie Twister and in the Storm Chaser series.
You managed to bring across the other side of tornadoes: being in the area or being in that house where the tornado can strike next.
Serious compliments for this episode. This is a different subject from a 'regular' YDKF but it's something you could share, and you did it in a great way.
Koos van den Hout, [url]http://idefix.net/[/url]
Flack
Site Admin

Post by Flack »

Thanks! I'm sure you know the movie Twister takes place in Oklahoma. There is a museum there dedicated to the movie that includes some props. They are more fun to watch on the big screen than on television where they are real.

I have seen the TIV cars driving around town here before during storm season. That's a little scary too. Let me see if I can dig up a picture I took.

Here it is. I took this picture about 5 miles from where I work. You know it's going to be a long night when you see this parked nearby.

Flack
Trixter

Post by Trixter »

Flack wrote:This is one of the longest and least-technical episodes I've released.

It was also one of your very best, if that counts. I really enjoyed it.